4 people were severly burned after a fire broke out in a garage converted into a living quarters. One of the four victims had burns over 80% of his body while others suffered from minor burns and smoke inhalation.
The fire sparked from a mattress in the garage just before 10pm. The local fire department we’re able to respond to the scene and exstinguish the fire within 15 minutes.
Local officials stated that the converted garage did not have correctly installed smoke detector. A slew of non-working smoke detectors have led to more than a dozen deaths in the Los Angeles Area.